Based on the testimony of people who claim to be in a relationship with their soulmate along with ideas from relationship experts, the following are signs you can look for to know if you are in a soulmate relationship.
1. Deep Spiritual Connection – This is one of the key aspects of a soulmate relationship. It is where the word “soul mate” comes from because it means two souls connect. The two of you will connect on a deep spiritual level that is everlasting and you will feel it in your gut that this person completes you.
2. You Share Feelings, Both Good And Bad – You share each other’s feelings when it’s good or bad. When things are going good they will be there to enjoy it with you and when things happen that affect you negatively they will comfort you and go through it with you.
3. They Love You Unconditionally – Your soulmate is supposed to love you without condition. He or she will be a caring person to you and try their best to make you happy without expecting anything in return. Your soulmate should also love you for being totally yourself, not just for one aspect of yourself like your looks or a specific valuable possession you have. They would accept and love you even for certain things about you that others reject or hate you for.
4. Many Of Your Interest And Goals Are Mutual – You and your soulmate would have a lot of the same or similar interests and life goals. Since you are two individuals, some of your interests and goals would be different. However, there must be a substantial amount of things in life that both of you like as well as life goals that both of you want to accomplish.
5. They Will Protect You At All Times – Surely your soulmate should always make sure that you are protected from the danger of anything that can hurt you emotionally or physically. But also importantly, they should want to protect you from your own self. Meaning, if they realize that you are consciously or unconsciously doing something that can lead you to self-harm or self-destruction, they will want to do whatever it takes to pull you away from that danger zone.
6. Your Disagreements Are Resolved Fast And Peacefully – Yep, just because they are your soulmate doesn’t mean that you would not have disagreements, conflicting ideas and even arguments. But the important thing is anytime you disagree it would quickly be resolved harmoniously, so that you are on the same page, instead of having a lingering argument that derails into a problematic path of negative emotions.
7. Someone You Can Greatly Trust – Trust is a big deal in any relationship, so it is definitely a major aspect of a soulmate union. You should not have to worry or fear what he or she is doing behind your back. Once the person is truly your soulmate they will never want to cheat on you or misguide you with lies. Even when the temptation comes you know they will not give in out of the love and respect they have for you.
8. You Stick Together Even During Challenging Times – Truth be told, tough times would happen in the relationship that will test the strength of your love for each other. It is during the challenging times that you will figure if your significant other is truly your soulmate. The person who is truly “the one” will never want to give up on the relationship even when it gets tough. Like you, they will want to continue building things up even when times of bad weather would try to break it down.>